Making Today's Technology, EVERYDAY EASY!
Outdoor Automation Ideas for your Smart Home
Automated Outdoor Entertainment Spaces are a welcome addition to most home projects.
With features integrated with your in-house system, it’s as easy as opening a door to move the part outdoors! We can provide this type of luxury in both a new home build (working with your builder and integrating with the rest of your home) or in a remodeled home. It’s the perfect way to spend an evening, watching the sunset over the mountains or just enjoying the breeze as it comes up the gorge!
Automated Outdoor Lights for Smart Homes
We live in amazing times. For example, it’s totally reasonable to ask, “Can I control outdoor lights with iPhone apps?” What’s more amazing is the answer: “Yes!” Here’s a quick look at the types of outdoor automatic lights that you can control with the tap of a finger:
- Smart porch lights: Motion-operated outdoor automatic lights can either spook would-be burglars or provide some welcome illumination for guests. You could even use WiFi outdoor lighting to turn the porch lights on before you get home.
- Holiday lights: Did you forget to turn off your holiday lights…again? Outdoor automatic lights come in all colors. If you set up an automated system, you can make your decorative lighting turn on and off with a timer.
- Entertaining lights: Set the mood while you and your guests are enjoying your backyard oasis! You can control outdoor lights with iPhone assistance. Add in some energy-efficient dimmer light bulbs to make your lighting eco-friendly and versatile.
- Automated solar lighting: Energy efficiency is an important part of smart outdoor living. Installing solar powered lights outside can reduce the cost of energy used outside your home. And what’s better than solar outdoor lighting? Solar WiFi outdoor lighting you can control with your phone!
Smart Automated Outdoor Windows, Screens and Awnings for Homes
With smart outdoor technology, you can master the power of the sun. From automatic window shutters to retractable awnings, there are several ways to use modern technology to increase your outdoor comfort.
- Smart outdoor windows and shutters: Virtually every part of your home can be automated—including your windows. Bring a little bit of the outdoors in without even having to get up by simply pressing a button to operate your automatic window shutters.
- Automated window screens: On the other hand, if too much of the outdoors is getting into your home, there’s an automated solution for that too. With smart outdoor technology, you can bring your window screens down instead of closing your automatic window shutters—that way, you can let in the light while keeping out the wildlife.
- Automatable awnings: Awnings aren’t just for sidewalk businesses anymore. One fun outdoor smart home idea is to install a retractable awning that can transform your backyard patio into a cool, sophisticated outdoor eating experience.
Automated Pool and Hot Tub Features
If you’ve ever thought, “There must be some information on how to control my pool pump remotely,” then check out these smart outdoor technology ideas and automated pool & hot tub features.
- Automated pool/hot tub temperature control: Waiting for the hot tub to heat up can try your patience. Setting up an automated outdoor system will allow you to get your hot tub to the desired temperature from anywhere—for example, you can tell it to heat up while you’re at work, and it’ll be ready to go by the time you get home.
- Pool pump control: Are you frustrated by your pool’s circulation system? With an automated system, you can operate your pool pump anywhere with the touch of a screen. No more wishing to know how to control your pool pump remotely: an automated system can really save the day!
Smart Grills and Gadgets
If you’re going to spend a lot of time outdoors, you’ll probably eat some meals out there! When it comes to smart outdoor technology, you can’t go wrong with the most energy-efficient grill and some fancy gadgets.
Grilling is an American pastime. Thanks to ingenious new inventions, it’s easier than ever. You don’t have to be a master griller to host a barbecue—just check out some of these handy gadgets:
- Smart cooking thermometer: A smart thermometer allows you to remotely monitor the temperature of what you’re cooking. It’ll even sound an alarm once your main course reaches the desired temperature!
- Grillbots: Cleaning the grill is no one’s favorite chore. Now there are small machines that can do this dirty job for you.
- Smart propane detectors: Nothing can ruin a barbecue faster than running out of propane. A smart propane detector will let you know when you’re running low, buying you time to get a new tank.